Sunday, October 01, 2006

I want to stray off the walfart topic for this post to comment on a continuing problem that is NOT being properly dealt with.

The problem?
SCHOOL SHOOTINGS!

You ever notice how teachers tend to tell those being bullied to "just ignore them" and refuse to do anything about it??? and how school officials waste huge amounts of money on security to stop bully victims from bringing weapons into school - in effect dealing with the EFFECT instead of the cause??? Why is that? Are they STUPID? Do they want to turn our schools into a form of incarceration?

WHAT THE F*** ARE THEY THINKING OF????

What kind of weird ass logic is spending $10,000's of dollars per school on metal detectors, armed guards, sniffer dogs, and more - when at most hiring a couple people to patrol the halls stopping bullying would be SO MUCH CHEAPER????

And then you have the LEGAL aspect of it - NEGLIGENCE by the teachers and school staff!

Any teacher or school official who looked the other way while this kid was being bullied should be charged as an acessory to murder. They had the chance to do something before this happened, yet ignored it while singling out the victim for "rules harrassment".

My own nephew could have become like this kid. In school, he was being messed with BIGTIME! The teachers wouldn't do jack sh** about it! Fortunately for him, I'm not lazy like most other americans. When I found out about it, and the fact that even the other members of our family wouldn't do anything..... I DID! I showed up during reccess to see several kids shoving him around - and NOT in a playing manner. I walked up to my nephew, put my hand on his shoulder, and stared down the bullies for close to a minute before telling them "no more. If he's starting crap with you, you come tell me. if you push him around after this I'll make SURE you regret it." There were never any problems on either side after that.

Teach your kids that if they see someone else being bullied, they should take an active role in trying to stop it! Even if the get hit by the bully for it, don't you think getting hit is better than getting shot and killed???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home